I like the fact that Steve Smith’s course keeps things very simple and sticks to just the stuff that you really need to know.Kevin O'Shaughnessy
View Course Introduction
Want to learn ASP.NET Core?
Microsoft has made it clear that ASP.NET Core is the future of their web platform. ASP.NET Core is open source, cross platform, extremely performant, scalable, and testable. Whether you're an experienced .NET developer or are new to web programming with Microsoft's technology, you won't regret getting up to speed with this modern web application framework.
Watch a free chapter on ASP.NET Core app startup and learn more about:
- Bootstrapping the app with WebHostBuilder.
- The minimal ASP.NET Core app.
- Wiring up dependencies with ConfigureServices.
- Setting up your app's request pipeline in Configure.
Get Started for FREE
You can watch the course overview and the chapter on ASP.NET Core Startup completely free. Just register as a student so the system can track your progress, and you'll have complete free access to these two chapters.
Learn from industry expert Steve Smith, one of the top contributors to the official ASP.NET Core documentation.
Start learning today. No travel. No waiting.
I've taught hundreds of students how to use ASP.NET Core in public and private workshops. These typically cost about $400 per student for public classes, and more for private workshops. This course covers more than a day's worth of material for a fraction of the cost of attending a live class.
Online Course Contents
- 2:10 0. Course Introduction
- 7:51 1. ASP.NET Core Goals and Benefits
- 6:19 2. Installing ASP.NET Core and Tools
- Framework and SDK
- 9:31 3. Creating ASP.NET Core Apps
- Creating ASP.NET Core Apps in Visual Studio
- Creating ASP.NET Core Apps using dotnet CLI
- 17:48 4. ASP.NET Core Startup
- What is WebHostBuilder?
- Creating an ASP.NET Core app from a Console App
- Anatomy of Startup.cs
- Startup Constructor
- 26:24 5. ASP.NET Core Built-in and Custom Middleware
- What is middleware?
- Middleware sequencing concerns
- Terminating middleware
- Pass-through middleware
- Middleware in Startup
- Moving middleware into its own class
- Using built-in middleware in ASP.NET Core
- 27:09 6. Dependency Injection in ASP.NET Core
- Benefits of Dependency Injection
- Related Principles
- Service Lifetimes
- 77:48 7. ASP.NET Core MVC and Web APIs
- What is MVC?
- Controllers and Actions
- Returning Data or Views
- Working with Views
- Routing to Actions
- Accepting Data Sent to Actions
- Working with a Database using Entity Framework Core
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core MVC Filters
- 32:09 8. Testing ASP.NET Core Apps
- Kinds of Tests
- Setting up a Test Project
- Unit Testing in ASP.NET Core
- Configuring a TestServer
- Integration Testing ASP.NET Core
- 15:48 9. Bonus: Clean DDD Architecture
- Traditional N-Tier (Layer) Design
- Clean Architecture (a.k.a. Onion Architecture, Ports and Adapters, Hexagonal...)
Get The ASP.NET Core Quick Start
Choose the package that works for you.
The Complete Package
This package has it all. You won't miss a thing.
The Sample Before You Buy Package
This package has includes two FREE chapters (about 20 minutes).
The fastest way to learn ASP.NET Core
Get up to speed with ASP.NET Core today! Includes the complete course with all 9 chapters!
Watch two free chapters now!
Learn how ASP.NET Core apps are configured in this free Startup chapter.